Some Reflections on Life and Ministry…

Some Reflections on Life and Ministry…

-       Confluence is the best path to Influence.  There is nothing like a team win.
-       There is no trust without risk.  There is no love without hurt. 
-       It is better to be grateful than to be great.
-       There are times I’ve loved and lost…so love doesn’t always win, but that’s not why you love in the first place.
-       When you stop obeying God’s voice it won’t be long before you stop hearing God’s voice.  It’s called quenching the Spirit.
-       When I was younger I thought Lust would be my greatest lifelong threat; turns out it’s Fear.  There’s not even a close second.
-       The only way to stay present is to give thanks.  Daily gratitude grounds me.
-       I’ve always wondered why Self-Control is the last fruit of the Spirit mentioned.  It feels like the others are unsustainable, or worse, unachievable without it.
-       I’m grateful that God seemed to gravitate to passion more than perfection as he chose people to use in the Bible.  People who said, “Why me?” not “Pick me!”
-       I’ve noticed the people who make history create the future by changing the present.  
-       A good indication of who I really am is what I think about when I’m idle and what I do when no one’s watching.  I need to keep a pulse on these two realities.
-       I’m least afraid when I’m not hiding.  So it’s true: Nothing to hide…Nothing to fear.  Secrecy breeds Anxiety.
-       The only thing worse than people talking about you behind your back is not having anyone talk about you behind your back.  Going on the offensive with your life is always offensive to someone.
-       Don’t thank God for someone without finding a way to somehow tell them about it.  Encouragement that isn’t shared didn’t happen.  Our hearts are starving for kind words.
-       Giving the benefit of the doubt frees a person almost as much as forgiveness.  People spend so much time holding people hostage which means they are always at the prison themselves making sure no one escapes.
-       My wife is not a ball and chain; she’s my anchor.
-       My kids don’t keep me from doing what I want, they often show me how much I’ve been missing.
-       I feel most satisfied when I’m most sanctified.  A good heart produces a good life.
-       Sin—though it may not seem so to the senses—isn’t merely annoying me, it’s ultimately destroying me.  To think otherwise is foolish.
-       Love, don’t shove.  I’ve never seen someone transform via force. 
-       The church is at her best when she’s willing to admit and apologize for her worst.  Humility and vulnerability are magnetic. 
-       Truth will flex, but it will never change. 
-       A professing christian that doesn’t follow Christ is more detrimental to the gospel than a professing atheist.  I can’t even bring myself to capitalize the word.
-       The worst feeling at the end of a day is knowing I have spent my time but not invested it.
-       No matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up treating people as badly as I treat myself.  The harder I am on myself the harsher I am on others. 
-       I’ve noticed that most successful people are always busy trying to make everyone around them successful.  This is the secret of success.
-       The best feeling is the world is feeling like my home is a place of shalom.  Peace is priceless.
-       No one has ever created lasting family traditions without first creating healthy family values.  Traditions are spawned from an environment of relaxed respect.
-       Everyday I must work to eliminate the noise in my head so that I can hear the voice in my heart. 
-       There are days when it seems that all the human heart is looking for is a safe person to be one's self with.
-       Evil spelled backwards is Live.  This can’t be accidental any more than Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts.  It’s, at the very least, astounding.
-       There is no comfort like knowing there are people who will love me unconditionally even if I fail spectacularly. 
- 

Comments

Popular Posts